Nigeria Vs Guinea: We Are The Most Poorly Equipped Technical Crew – Oliseh

3338654_sundayolisehq5zkl4d2hqwm1kp2xg6l72iqv2

Disappointed Oliseh says he remains proud of Eagles
Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has admitted he is disappointed his team crashed out of CHAN 2016 by the first round, but insisted he remains proud of the players.
On Tuesday, Nigeria fell 1-0 to Guinea in a final group game when they needed at least a draw to go through to the knockout rounds of the tournament reserved for players who feature in their home leagues.
“It’s a big disappointment, but I’m proud of my boys even though we did not go through. They gave a good image of themselves,” said Oliseh.
“Somewhere inside it was difficult for the players. They have given their best, they needed that lift and they couldn’t find it then
“We came out to win, but we did not play. My players are human and there is limit to what they can hold. For some morale reasons, they couldn’t fight it today.
“My players have children and families. Adult tournaments are not youth tournaments.”
Oliseh has maintained his team have worked under trying conditions.
“We are the most poorly equipped technical crew to manage Nigeria’s super Eagles since I started playing for the country.
The least for what anyone can do is to be grateful for what we are doing,” argued the coach who took over the Eagles in July 2015.
“I’m coaching Nigeria and if I get tired, I will leave the work.”

No comments:

Post a Comment